[Jayhawk-Chapter] SB 276, four days remaining for the Senate to act

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 21 02:17:48 UTC 2022

Good evening in Kansas Federation family, friends and allies,

Despite tomorrow’s being a national holiday, the Kansas legislature will be in session. Therefore, we have four days to move the blind parents rights bill through the Senate so that we can pursue our advocacy work in the house. If you have already written to Senator Masterson and to your senator, thank you. If you have forgotten or if it is still on your to do list, now is the time to make your views and desires known on this very important matter. Even if you are not a blind parent, and even if you have no plans of becoming one anytime soon, you can still add your voice of support for the bill. The more constituents the senators hear from, the harder it will be for them to ignore us. Also, if you can inspire those who are not blind to join us, such as family, friends, coworkers, church members etc., that will be even more powerful.

. We were very successful before the Senate Public Health Welfare Committee. Let us continue the momentum we have built so that we don’t have to start all over again next year.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor | first vice president legislative Director national Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959
Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net