[Journalists] From a computer idiot

Campbell, Elizabeth liz at star-telegram.com
Tue Feb 3 17:09:07 UTC 2009

Hello all,
I am glad to see so much activity on this list.
I've beenout of town for a while, and I am playing catchup.

Cheryl,

I hope you got your PDF difficulties resolved.
This is an important topic for us because so many governmental entities
and other organizations send out information in PDF form.
Also, are you using JAWS?
If you want to put your notes on a laptop, you should be able to read
them in Grade II Braille with your display.  You can set JAWS to
translate in to Grade II Braile.
Dave Andrews, please correct me if I am wrong about this.

As for backpacks, there are leather ones that look professional, and
when we have to use our canes or dogs, we need a hands-free means of
carrying our equipment, notes, etc. AT least this is true for me.

I also think we need to get a jobs discussion started on this list.
Annemarie, we still have our jobs at the Star-Telegram, but the market
is very tenuous, as you know.

I am so sorry to hear that your job was eliminated.

Best to all.

 Liz

Elizabeth Campbell
(817) 390-7696