[Journalists] From a computer idiot

Graham Downie grahamd at netspeed.com.au
Tue Feb 3 22:50:14 UTC 2009

Hmmm. This is not a question I can answer. My software, Window Eyes, always
indicates when a PDF file is untagged and gives options for the reading
order. Most PDF files I receive at work are untagged. Sometimes I receive
scanned images.Even these can be opened but cannot be read. I get around
this by printing the image, then scanning it. Not convenient but better than
nothing. Perhaps there is a setting you can change in your software. Perhaps
you could turn off your screen reader after possitioning on the file to be
opened. Then open the file, copy and paste.
My brother was not at work yesterday and will probably have better ideas
than me.
Best wishes
Graham Downie