[Journalists] backpacks are unprofessional?

Cheryl Wade cwade at mdn.net
Thu Jan 29 13:12:22 UTC 2009

			Hi,

I would agree with your professor, although there are times when a
pack certainly wouldn't hurt: an outdoor assignment in which you need
a lot of cold-weather gear or other equipment.

I have a pack that goes around my waist and is fashionable although
not dressy. I use that for "Saturday" assignments - coverage  of
soapbox derbies and the fair and nature programs. I still, however,
carry a purse or a small briefcase for official stuff.

Cheryl Wade