[Journalists] need some help

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 18:10:20 UTC 2009

It depends on where on Long Island you start from as to how far it is from
Manhattan.   Long Island lives up to its name, being 120 miles long and not
very wide, and encompassing Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk counties.
So in Queens and Brooklyn, you have Queens College and Brooklyn College,
both part of the City University of New York.   Long Island itself is rife
with schools, including community colleges, and Stony Brook in Suffolk.   Stony
Brook is a state college.   Private colleges were mentioned in my previous
email, and I'm sure I missed a few.

Long Island University is a good school.   We have not had any contact with
the disability office there, which is most likely a good thing, since it
indicates problems are minor.

Lori Stayer