[KeystoneChapter] October Meet the Blind Month Activities

Harriet Go goharriet00 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 03:56:49 UTC 2018

Hello Keystone members and friends,
Happy Autumn! October is right around the corner; and with that comes the National Federation of the Blind's Meet the Blind Month activities. This year, the Keystone Chapter is helping to promote this by holding two blindness awareness events at the Beneficial Bank located on 16th and Chestnut Streets in Philadelphia. This is a great way to tell others about the great work we do in the NFB, the NFB of PA, and of course, the Keystone Chapter. This is also a excellent time to share our positive attitudes about blindness and to help others see the potential of blind people. We will be handing out literature, talking to the public, demonstrating the use of Braille, and telling others how we live the independent lives we want using tools such as a long white cane, video magnifiers, Newsline, KNFB Reader, voiceover on Smart phones, and notetakers.