[KeystoneChapter] April 2019 Meeting & Penn Museum Day

Harriet Go goharriet00 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 8 04:19:56 UTC 2019

Hello everyone!
The Keystone Chapter invites you to join us on April 13, 2019 starting at 10:00 for our April chapter meeting and museum trip!

Instead of having the meeting at our regular location at 1500 Walnut Street, the April meeting will be held at the Penn Museum of Anthropology. The meeting begins at 10:15 a.m. After the meeting, all are encouraged to join the chapter for a Touch Tour of the Penn Museum's Egypt exhibit! The tour will last approximately an hour. On the tour, participants will have the special opportunity to experience some hands-on artifacts from the exhibit! As blind and visually impaired people, we know how rare, but valuable, it is to have hands-on concrete experiences of museum exhibits which are all too often hands-off. The cost of a ticket for the Touch Tour is $9 for blind/visually impaired individuals. Also, anyone who is blind/visually impaired may bring up to one sighted adult for no cost! Any additional adults or children you with to bring will need to pay the admission fee, which is $15 for sighted people and $9 for blind/visually impaired individuals.

The Penn Museum is located at 3260 South Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 at the intersection of Spruce Street and 33rd Street. Note that at 33rd Street, Spruce Street becomes South Street.
The Penn Museum is accessible via SEPTA. You can take the Market Frankford subway line, the 40 bus, or any Regional Rail line that stops at University City Station.

There are 2 entrances to the museum, the Kress entrance and the Kamin entrance. The Kress entrance is on South Street ant the Kamin entrance is on 33rd street. Once you get to the museum, please go to the Smart Classroom on the 2nd floor. This is where the Keystone Chapter meeting will be held. The Kress entrance will bring you closer to the Smart Classroom. For lunch, individuals can purchase lunch at the museum cafe or bring their own brown bag lunch. The Touch Tour will begin at 1:30.

Please check out the Penn Museum website at https://www.penn.museum/

If you have any questions about the meeting or the tour, or both, please do not hesitate to contact me. Also, If you would like more information, please reach out!

Looking forward to seeing many of you at the Penn Museum for an exciting day!
Harriet