[KeyStoneChapter] September 2019 Chapter Meeting

Harriet Go goharriet00 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 9 01:28:19 UTC 2019

Hello everyone!
Welcome to the Fall season! I hope everyone had a super summer and is ready to get back into the swing of things! The Fall is a busy and very fun time for our chapter. Our next chapter meeting will be this Saturday September 14, 2019 beginning at 10:15 a.m. The meetings are held at 1500 Walnut Street, 2nd floor conference room in Philadelphia.

After the meeting, we will be having free Braille lessons taught by our chapter members. So if you are interested in learning this valuable blindness skill, please join us for that.

Also after the chapter meeting, we will be having our Brown Bag Lunch social. Please come and join us for an informal get together and chat with fellow members. Feel free to bring in a snack or dessert to share with others. However, this is completely optional. You do not need to bring something in order to have lunch with us.

Kernel Books - Next, I want to invite all of you to peruse through some of the Kernel Books on the NFB website. These books tell the true story of blind people, their life experiences with blindness, and how they handle blindness at its very core. These are authentic personal accounts of real blind people. You can read the text or audio versions of these stories. Here is the link to the Kernel Books. https://archive.nfb.org/kernel-books If you find a particular story that you would like to share for discussion at a future meeting, please send me an email with the name of the Kernel Book along with the title of the story.

We have a bunch of activities coming this Fall, so please join us for our September meeting to learn about, and get involved in all that is happening with the Keystone Chapter. If you have never been to a meeting before, this is a great time to get started. All are welcome!

See you Saturday!
Harriet