[KeyStoneChapter] Today's Zoom Events

Joseph Drenth joe.drenth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:34:08 UTC 2020

Here is what is happening today:

Advanced JAWS Training with Joe - Friday April 24,  from noon to 12:45PM
EDT.

Please join us as we explore the capabilities and usability of the
industry-leading JAWS screen reading application. Fridays are devoted to
advanced JAWS skills.

Fitness and Wellness Warriors with Lily and Caitlin - Friday, April 24, from
1PM to 2PM EDT.

Due to all of us being stuck at home during this difficult time, it is
important to boost our immune system and make sure that we are still getting
some exercise. During this fitness and wellness session we will be talking
about ways of how to boost the immune system, and about how to take care of
our mental and emotional health. We will be doing brief workouts,
meditations, and yoga over Zoom.  I have learned a lot of these techniques
during my college years of taking integrative health care courses.

Kids' Story Hour  with Harriet - Friday, April 24, from 3PM to 4PM EDT.

Keep your braille skills sharp by reading along with Harriet as she reads
favorite stories for kids in braille. If you want to take your turn reading
in braille to the group, you can do that, too. Otherwise, follow along in
your own book or on your braille display.

Using Smart Home Technology to make Your Home More Accessible with Rod -
Friday, April 24, From 5 pm to 6 pm EDT.

This is the second part in a series on automating your home. Rod will take
us on a virtual tour of the 50+ sensors and devices that make up the
automation system of his house.

NVDA Training with Chris - Friday, April 24, From 7 pm to 8 pm EDT.

Have you ever bristled at the high cost of assistive technology software?
Come learn about NVDA, the free screen reader for Windows. In this
presentation, I will briefly explain what NVDA is, walk through installing
it, and take feedback on future topics for discussion.

Here's how to participate in these events:

No registration is necessary, and everyone is invited to join. Simply use
one of the following methods to connect with us on the Zoom platform when
the events are scheduled to begin.

1. From within the free Zoom Cloud Meetings app on your iPhone or Android,
just hit the "Join" button on the "Meet and Chat" tab and then enter our
meeting ID: 215 988 0888.

2. Click the following link, which will open the meeting using the app or
your web browser:

https://zoom.us/my/nfbpennsylvania

3. On a mobile phone, click either of the  following "One Tap" links, based
on which one is nearest to your location:

Chicago: +13126266799,,2159880888#

New York: +16468769923,,2159880888#

4. Using a standard telephone, dial 646-876-9923,

and then enter our meeting ID when prompted: 215 988 0888.

Joseph Drenth

First Vice-President, National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania State Board of Vocational Rehabilitation

Senior R&D Software Engineer, JBT Corporation, Automated Systems Division

Cell: 215-827-7787

Email: joe.drenth at gmail.com <mailto:joe.drenth at gmail.com>