[KeyStoneChapter] Happy New Year's Eve!!!!

Harriet Go goharriet00 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 31 23:34:22 UTC 2020

Hello everyone!
What a year this has been! I was just reflecting on the work we are doing and, despite 2020 being such a unique and challenging year, it has been a year of many successes for us at the Keystone Chapter of the NFB of PA. Here are some highlights from this year.

1. We had 8 new members join our chapter this year!
2. We began a partnership with the Get In Touch, Inc. An organization run by high schooler Amy Liu and her peers which works to promote a positive image of blind people to sighted high school students.
3. We had several chapter members attend the NFB 2020 Washington Seminar to help lobby for policies which help to improve the lives of blind people.
4. When the pandemic hit, we transitioned smoothly from in-person to virtual chapter meetings.
5. The virtual national convention was still well attended by our chapter members, and we even had a few first-timers from our chapter.
6. We've had several guest speakers at our virtual chapter meetings to share their experience with blindness and inspire us with their positive attitudes.
7. We held our very first virtual talent show, Believe You Can! 2020, as a fundraiser and Meet the Blind Month activity. This was a lot of work, but it was such a huge success!
8. From the funds raised through the Believe You Can! talent show, we were able to help our chapter members with transportation costs so that they could attend our NFB of Pennsylvania state convention this year, which was in Pittsburgh.
9. From the funds raised through the Believe You Can! talent show, we were once again able to provide Christmas gifts to the students at St. Lucy Day School for children with Visual Impairments. This school serves students from grades prek to 8th who str blind and visually impaired.
10. Finally, we also were able to donate to our NFB of Pennsylvania's affiliate scholarship fund and the Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning (BELL) program.

Thanks all for being a part of the success. And I look forward to many more great things together in 2021!

With this, I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year filled with joy and peace!!!
Sincerely,
Harriet

Harriet Go
President,