[KeyStoneChapter] Keystone Chapter Monthly Meeting Recap & Links

David Goldstein david at iCantCU.com
Tue Jun 14 02:45:23 UTC 2022

Hello there Keystone Chapter Members and Friends,

I hope you had a great weekend! We had a very informative hybrid meeting Saturday at the Penn Museum and via Zoom. It was nice to see so many people come out to the meeting in person, including a few first-timers. We heard Presidential Release #517 <https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2022-06/june_2022_live_release_short_chapter_version.mp3>. In his remarks, President Riccobono talked about the upcoming National Convention <https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention> in July in New Orleans. After the meeting, some of us enjoyed hanging out and talking over lunch at the museum cafe. Here are all the major topics and links we talked about:

Hand-made Ceramic Cups With Braille For Sale

Harriet talked about and showed us samples of hand-made ceramic cups with tactile braille on them. The sayings on the cups are Live the life you want, Believe you can!, and Blindness is not a barrier. The cups are a grayish blue. The cups are $10 each. Contact Harriet to place your order at goharriet00 at hotmail.com <mailto:goharriet00 at hotmail.com> or (610) 931-9013.

Membership Dues

Membership dues for 2022 can now be paid via PayPal. Go to https://py.pl/4ra2pb3hapM <https://py.pl/4ra2pb3hapM> . Click the buy now button. You don’t need to have a PayPal account to pay. To do this, just click the link that says pay with debit or credit card. Of course, if you’d rather pay by check, you can do that, too! Make the check out to Keystone Chapter NFB of PA and mail it to me. Dues are $10. My address:

David Goldstein
1425 Parklane Road
Swarthmore, PA 19081

Spin With The Keystone Chapter

Join the Keystone Chapter at CycleBar Center City (1521 Locust Street) on 6/25 for a Spin Class at 2pm. Go to https://members.cyclebar.com <https://members.cyclebar.com/> to create an account, then navigate to schedule. You’ll see our class at the bottom of the schedule for that day listed as National Federation of the Blind. Minimum donation is $25. For more information, contact Steve “Blind Elvis” Sweitzer at sweitzer.steve at gmail.com <mailto:sweitzer.steve at gmail.com>.

White Cane Coffee

Support the Keystone Chapter while supporting a small business owned by a blind woman. Use our affiliate link https://www.whitecanecoffee.com/ref/keystonechapter <https://www.whitecanecoffee.com/ref/keystonechapter> when making a purchase from the White Cane Coffee website. The Keystone Chapter earns a 10% commission and there is no additional cost to you. They are currently offering free shipping with orders of $50 or more.

Legislative Update

Stacie Leap, our First Vice President and part of the NFB of PA Legislative Team,  gave an update. There is one hold out Representative with whom we have not met with for Washington Seminar. It is Congresswoman Mary Gay Scanlon from the 5th Congressional District. If you are interested in participating with the Legislative Team, contact Lily, our Legislative Liaison,  at lily2011a at gmail.com <mailto:lily2011a at gmail.com> or Emily Gindlesperger at vp2 at nfbp.org <mailto:vp2 at nfbp.org>. To learn more about this year’s agenda, go to http://nfbp.org/2022-washington-seminar <http://nfbp.org/2022-washington-seminar>

Support Keystone Chapter

You can support the Keystone Chapter any time with a donation. Go to SupportKeystoneChapter.org <http://supportkeystonechapter.org/> to do so. In the text field, you can enter any amount. Want to donate $20.22 to celebrate the year? You can! Find $2.00 in your shoe? You can donate that, too. Go ahead, give it a try. Share the web address with your friends and family.

White Canes Connect Podcast

We just dropped episode 037 <https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_037.mp3>episode 0 <https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_037.mp3>37. In it, Stacie and I speak with Shirell Scott from Feeling Beauty LLC. Listen on  Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/white-canes-connect/id1592248709>, Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/1YDQSJqpoteGb1UMPwRSuI>, Amazon Music <https://www.amazon.com/White-Canes-Connect/dp/B08K5B6683/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=white+canes+connect&qid=1636149501&qsid=139-0343126-3565115&s=audible&sr=1-1&sres=B08K5B6683,B07P88N4RS,B008U2QT28,B00MFS7BT8&srpt=WALKING_STICK>, IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/263-white-canes-connect-89603482/>, and on Twitter @PABlindPodcast <https://www.twitter.com/pablindpodcast>. Contact Lisa Bryant, Stacie Leap, and I about the show at whitecanesconnect at gmail.com

Regards,

David
David Goldstein
Treasurer, Keystone Chapter, NFB of PA
david at iCantCU.com
(610) 715-5020 mobile
www.iCantCU.com <https://www.icantcu.com/>
iCantCU Podcast
Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/icantcu-podcast/id1445801370> | Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/3nck2D5HgD9ckSaUQaWwW2> | IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-icantcu-podcast-31157111/>
Support The Podcast When You Shop
Amazon <https://www.icantcu.com/amazon>
Connect with me:
Twitter <https://twitter.com/davidbenj> | Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/davidbenj/> | LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidbenj> | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/davidbenj>