[KeyStoneChapter] Come Join Acting Without Boundaries this upcoming Sunday November 6, 2022 at 2pm at the Sea Port Museum for an audio described play!

Simon Bonenfant sbonenfant2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 17:16:43 UTC 2022

Good afternoon everyone,
For those of you that were either at the October chapter meeting or on
zoom, you may remember that I mentioned an upcoming opportunity for you to
see an audio described play that I am participating in.
The play is called the Contrast. It is put on by a theatre company for the
disabled that I have been acting with for years, called Acting Without
Boundaries.
The play will take place at the SeaPort Museum, which is centrally located
in the city of Philadelphia.
Below you will find the official announcement detailing everything you need
to know.

Hello!

Acting Without Boundaries will perform *The Contrast*, a play with music,
at the Seaport Museum on November 6th at 2:00 PM.

*The Contrast* is a comedy that was written in 1787. It is the first play
to be professionally produced in the United States, and it is the first
play written by an American citizen.

Here's how the Metropolitan Playhouse describes this hilarious comedy:

"Part call to virtue, part cautionary tale, the play is all comic satire:
sentimental Maria Van Rough—a young woman becoming dangerously
well-read—was engaged as a child to Billy Dimple, who has recently returned
from Europe a conceited playboy. Loathing Billy’s affections, but bound by
her duty, Maria complicates her dilemma by falling in love with an earnest
soldier: Henry Manly (Played by our own Simon Bonenfant!). Tangling and
untangling the quandary on the way to a (mostly) happy ending are two
calculating women, one scheming servant, a naïve country bumpkin, and the
boorish old Father Van Rough himself."

*The Contrast *will be performed in conjunction with the Philadelphia
Artists' Collective, and the production will be audio described. Tickets
are free, but a donation is welcome and encouraged. To get tickets and more
information please see the link below.

https://www.philartistscollective.org/the-contrast.html

Acting Without Boundaries is a free theater program for actors with
physical disabilities. More information can be found on the website below:

http://www.actingwithoutboundaries.org/

I hope you will come out and join us for this one of a kind spectacular
performance!
Thanks and talk soon,
Simon Bonenfant.

Secretary, Keystone Chapter