[KeyStoneChapter] Keystone Chapter June Meeting Recap and Links

David Goldstein david at iCantCU.com
Fri Jun 9 04:46:17 UTC 2023

Hello there Keystone Chapter Members and Friends,

It was a beautiful day for those of us who traveled to the Penn Museum for our monthly meeting on Saturday, June 3.  If you couldn't make it, I hope you were able to be part of the meeting via Zoom. We listened to Presidential Release #528 <https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2023-06/presidential_release_june_2023_chapter_version.mp3> from Wellington, New Zealand. President Riccobono spoke about the upcoming National Convention in Houston July 1 - 6. After the meeting, seven of us walked over to New Deck Tavern <https://newdecktavern.com/> for lunch.

Disability Pride Parade Postponed

Due to unhealthy air quality, the parade has been postponed until September. We will all just have to wait to hear Esther sing on stage.

Dinner For A Week Fundraiser

We are planning a fundraiser where we give away gift cards to seven restaurants. We are approaching national chains for gift card donations. We have created a letter to take with you when you go. If you'd like a copy emailed to you, let me know. If you are interested in helping with this fundraiser, contact First Vice President Kat Bottner at kat.bottner at gmail.com <mailto:kat.bottner at gmail.com>. So far, we have gift cards for Chili's, Red Robin, Panera, Chipotle, Cracker Barrel, and Subway.

2023 Membership Dues

It's still possible to be a Keystone Chapter member in 2023! Dues are $10. There are a few ways you can pay. You can give me cash or a check when you see me at a meeting. You can pay via PayPal by going to https://py.pl/1sI3MZ <https://py.pl/1sI3MZ>. You can mail a check to me and make it payable to Keystone Chapter NFB of PA. Mail it to:
David Goldstein
1425 Parklane Road
Swarthmore, PA 19081

SupportKeystoneChapter.org

Please consider contributing to the Keystone Chapter. Go to SupportKeystoneChapter.org <http://supportkeystonechapter.org/> to donate. Every amount is appreciated, especially if you check the box that says Add $X.XX to help cover the fees. The section automatically fills in when you enter the amount you want to donate. For example, if you enter $2.00 to donate and check the box to pay the fees, your total amount would be $2.56. Go ahead and give it a try! Remember to share the link with your friends and family.

White Cane Coffee

Support the Keystone Chapter while supporting a small business owned by a blind woman. Use our affiliate link https://whitecanecoffee.com/ref/KeystoneChapter/ <https://whitecanecoffee.com/ref/KeystoneChapter/> when purchasing from the White Cane Coffee website. The Keystone Chapter earns a 10% commission, and there is no additional cost to you. They are currently offering free shipping with orders of $50 or more. Want to learn more? Listen to episode 072 of White Canes Connect titled "Brewing Success: White Cane Coffee's Inspiring Journey." <https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_072_post.mp3>

White Canes Connect Podcast

We just dropped episode 075 <https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_075__post.mp3>. Lisa and I speak with Vicki Landers and Esther Gillyard about Disability Pride PA <https://www.disabilitypridepa.org/>. And did you get a chance to listen to episode 074 <https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_074_post.mp3>, the June Monthly Digest episode with me and  AI Lisa? What do you think of AI Lisa? You can listen to all episodes on Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/white-canes-connect/id1592248709>, Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/1YDQSJqpoteGb1UMPwRSuI>, Amazon Music <https://www.amazon.com/White-Canes-Connect/dp/B08K5B6683/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=white+canes+connect&qid=1636149501&qsid=139-0343126-3565115&s=audible&sr=1-1&sres=B08K5B6683,B07P88N4RS,B008U2QT28,B00MFS7BT8&srpt=WALKING_STICK>, IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/263-white-canes-connect-89603482/>, and Youtube <https://www.youtube.com/@pablindpodcast>. Contact Lisa Bryant, Stacie Leap, and me about the show at whitecanesconnect at gmail.com <mailto:whitecanesconnect at gmail.com>.

Regards,

David

David Goldstein
david at iCantCU.com
(610) 715-5020 mobile
www.iCantCU.com <https://www.icantcu.com/>
iCantCU Podcast
Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/icantcu-podcast/id1445801370> | Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/3nck2D5HgD9ckSaUQaWwW2> | IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-icantcu-podcast-31157111/>
Support The Podcast When You Shop
Amazon <https://www.icantcu.com/amazon>
Connect with me:
Twitter <https://twitter.com/davidbenj> | Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/davidbenj/> | LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidbenj> | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/davidbenj>