[KeyStoneChapter] Keystone Chapter Meeting Recap and Links

David Goldstein david at iCantCU.com
Wed Feb 14 07:24:23 UTC 2024

Hey there, Keystone Chapter Members and Friends,

We had a nice turnout for coffee and donuts at our February meeting at the Penn Museum on Saturday! We listened to Presidential Release #535 <https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2024-02/presidential_release%20_february_2024_final.mp3>. We talked about the upcoming Leadership Seminar in March. Harriet gave some details on the NFB National Convention <https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention> in Orlando from July 3 through July 8. After the meeting, most of us headed to New Deck Tavern to enjoy lunch together.

2024 Membership Dues

Have you paid your 2024 Keystone Chapter dues? Membership dues are $10. The chapter gets $5, and the NFB of PA gets $5 for your membership. There are a few ways you can pay. You can give me cash or a check when you see me. You can pay via PayPal by going to:  https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=VFEB76KHZ5ZPG <https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=VFEB76KHZ5ZPG> . You can mail a check to me and make it payable to Keystone Chapter NFB of PA. Mail it to:

David Goldstein
1425 Parklane Road
Swarthmore, PA 19081

April Raffle Tickets

The NFB of PA is selling raffle tickets for drawings every night in April! Tickets are $5 each. How does it work? If your three digit number comes up in the nightly drawing Sunday through Friday, you win $50! If your number is drawn on a Saturday, you win $100! That’s 30 chances to win with one ticket! I’ve spoken to a few of you about the tickets, but our goal is to sell all 1000 tickets, 000-999! Let me know how many you need and I’ll get them to you so you can sell them to your family, friends, and neighbors! If you are looking to just buy some for yourself, I can take your payment electronically and fill out the tickets for you. Watch the drawing nightly, just before 7 PM on Fox 29.

2024 State Convention

Harriet and I talked about the 2024 NFB of PA State Convention in Erie from November 7 through 10. A bus will be chartered to get us to Erie. It will leave Philadelphia on November 6 and return on November 10. If you are interested in purchasing a seat on the bus for the journey, please let me know so that we can get the right size bus. Prices per seat is TBD, but should be no more than $100. Learn more about the state convention <https://nfbofpa.org/2024-state-convention/>.

White Cane Coffee

Support the Keystone Chapter while supporting a small business owned by a blind woman. Use our affiliate link https://whitecanecoffee.com/ref/KeystoneChapter/ <https://whitecanecoffee.com/ref/KeystoneChapter/> when purchasing from the White Cane Coffee website. The Keystone Chapter earns a 10% commission, and there is no additional cost to you. They are currently offering free shipping with orders of $50 or more. Want to learn more? Listen to episode 072 of White Canes Connect titled "Brewing Success: White Cane Coffee's Inspiring Journey." <https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_072_post.mp3>

A New Way to Support the NFB of PA

The NFB of PA is now participating in the Amazon Associates Program. That means that you can support the affiliate every time you shop at Amazon by using our link  https://www.nfbofpa.org/amazon/ <https://www.nfbofpa.org/amazon/>! You’ll end up at Amazon’s home page. Shop as you normally do, checkout as you normally do. It doesn’t cost you anything more and the NFB of PA will earn a small commission on your qualifying purchase. Share this link with everyone you know!

White Canes Connect Podcast

We recently dropped episode 096 <https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_096_post.mp3>. Lisa and I spoke with Dr. Carolyn Peters and Sabrina Rice from the National Organization of Blind Black Leaders. You can listen to episodes on Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/white-canes-connect/id1592248709>, Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/1YDQSJqpoteGb1UMPwRSuI>, Amazon Music <https://www.amazon.com/White-Canes-Connect/dp/B08K5B6683/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=white+canes+connect&qid=1636149501&qsid=139-0343126-3565115&s=audible&sr=1-1&sres=B08K5B6683,B07P88N4RS,B008U2QT28,B00MFS7BT8&srpt=WALKING_STICK>, IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/263-white-canes-connect-89603482/>, and YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/@pablindpodcast>. Subscribe and follow us so you never miss an episode! Contact us about the show at whitecanesconnect at gmail.com <mailto:whitecanesconnect at gmail.com>.

Our Next Meeting

Our next Keystone Chapter meeting is Saturday, March 9, 2024 at 10:15 AM.

As always, please reach out with any questions. Call or text (610) 715-5020 or email david at iCantCU.com <mailto:david at iCantCU.com>.

Regards,

David

David Goldstein
david at iCantCU.com
(610) 715-5020 mobile
www.iCantCU.com <https://www.icantcu.com/>
iCantCU Podcast
Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/icantcu-podcast/id1445801370> | Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/3nck2D5HgD9ckSaUQaWwW2> | IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-icantcu-podcast-31157111/>
Support The Podcast When You Shop
Amazon <https://www.icantcu.com/amazon>
Connect with me:
Twitter <https://twitter.com/davidbenj> | Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/davidbenj/> | LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidbenj> | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/davidbenj>