[MABM] Annapolis Letters Needed

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 22:15:06 UTC 2023

Hello all,
I am assuming that you have completed letters on our electronic systems
study and ending guide dog discrimination in housing. This is the last
round of Annapolis letters. It is for SB940 Accessible Prescription Labels.
Complete them by March 21, the date of our hearing in  the Finance
Committee. You should say something like this in your letter:

Dear Senator _______,
Blind people need the same access to information on their prescription
labels that the sighted people have. Technology exists to provide this
information. However, too many pharmacists do not know about accessible
labels and do not provide them to their customers. Customers need notice
that there are accessible labels, and when a customer requests an
accessible label, the pharmacists need to provide them.

Everyone should write to the chairman of the committee, Melony Griffith.
The email address is [first name].[last name]@senate.state.md.us (for
example, melony.griffith at senate.state.md.us).
If you live in Anne Arundel County, write to Pamela Beidle and Dawn Gile.
If you live in Anne Arundenl and Howard County, write to Clarence Lam.
If you live in Baltimore City, write to Antonio Hayes.
If you live in Baltimore County, write to Katherine Klausmeier.
If you live in Carroll County, write to Justin Ready
If you live in Caroline, Cecil, Kent or Queen Anne's County, write to
Stephen Hershey. .
If you live in Charles County, write to Arthur Ellis.
If you live in Montgomery County, write to Ben Kramer.
If you live in Wicomico, Caroline, Dorchester, or Talbot County, write to
Johnny Mautz.

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.