[Massachusetts-NFB] At-Large Chapter October Meeting Minutes

Liz Lesperance liz.karsok at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 00:58:07 UTC 2022

Good Evening,

Pasted below please find the minutes from the At-Large Chatper's most
recentmeeting held yesterday, Oct. 9th.

Thanks,

Liz

***************

The NFBMA At-Large Chapter held its October monthly meeting on Sunday, Oct.
9th. Those in attendance included:

Amalia Alexandre

Liz Lesperance

Shara Winton

Brian Langlois

Debbie Malone

Sandra Burgess

Cullen Gallagher

Allen Larkin

Mike Karsok

Debbie called the meeting to order at 7:02PM.

Allen recited the pledge of allegiance.

Liz recited the NFB pledge.

We conducted a roll call.

The September minutes were read aloud and then approved.

Sandra updated us on the treasury. We decided to keep our funds in the
state affiliate account in accordance with what the national office
recommends.

Cullen played the October presidential release.

Debbie and Shara encouraged all members to contact their local
representatives regarding accessible voting.

Debbie reminded us that October is Blind Equality Achievement Month. Shara
shared that there was a tremendous turnout at the Cambridge walk last
Sunday, 10/2.

Debbie advised us that October is also disability employment awareness
month.

We are planning to hold the popcorn fundraiser the first week of December
(12/2 - 12/6). Debbie advised that each person will have their own store to
encourage sales and competition.

Debbie brought up finding a way to get members together perhaps in small
groups.

Debbie suggested holding a Secret Santa event in December.

The meeting closed at 8:23PM.

The next meeting will be Sunday, Nov. 13th at 7:00PM.