[Massachusetts-NFB] The Community Health Equity Survey is now live!

Thelma Williams thelma.williams at mass.gov
Thu Aug 17 20:00:33 UTC 2023

 The Community Health Equity Survey is now live! Dear MCB Community Partners and Stakeholders, Governor Maura Healey and Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) Secretary Kate Walsh are relaunching the EOHHS Interagency Health Equity Team (IHET). As Chief of Staff, I represent the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind (MCB) on the Team, which brings together senior leaders across EOHHS to discuss how agencies use data for health equity and identify areas for strategic alignment. As part of the relaunch, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is conducting the Massachusetts Community Health Equity Survey, formerly known as the COVID-19 Community Impact Survey. We are excited to share the survey is now live. Click here to access the survey. As a trusted community partner, we would love your help in spreading the word. Some ways you can help: Send a link to family, friends and colleagues in Massachusetts Promote the survey on organizational mailing lists Post about survey on social media Post flyers about the survey in places like beauty/barber shops, food pantries, grocery stores Use staff or volunteers to identify and support survey takers   What is the goal of the survey? The Community Health Equity Survey will help communities improve conditions that impact health, particularly those most impacted by health inequities. The survey was developed in collaboration with community members and partners across Massachusetts, and it reflects what residents want to know about how their communities experience housing, mental health, safety, and other drivers of health. The Massachusetts Department of Public Health and our partners will use Community Health Equity Initiative data to allocate funding, improve programming, and develop policies that address health inequities.   How long will the survey be open for and who can take it? The survey will be open from July 31, 2023 through early Fall 2023. Anyone aged 14 and older can take the survey. It takes approximately 15-30 minutes to complete and is available in 11 languages: Arabic, Cape Verdean Creole, Chinese (simplified or traditional), English, Haitian Creole, Khmer, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese. The survey will also be available in ASL later this summer.   What support is available for my organization to disseminate this survey? The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has developed dissemination materials such as sample emails, Frequently Asked Questions, flyers, a resource list, and more that you can use to help spread the word. These are available at: www.mass.gov/chei.   How and when can I access this data?  The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) strives to make this process as simple and transparent as possible. Results will be publicly available on DPH's website soon after the survey closes in Fall 2023. DPH is committed to providing partners like yourself with resources to use the data to take action that addresses barriers to health in your community.     We’re in this together and appreciate all of your effort to support health equity in your community. Please feel free to reach out to us with questions. Thank you, Thelma Williams Chief of Staff Massachusetts Commission for the Blind (MCB) Mobile: (857) 248-2737 Thelma.Williams at mass.gov Massachusetts Commission for the Blind ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ Massachusetts Commission for the Blind | 600 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111 Unsubscribe massachusetts-nfb at nfbnet.org Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice Sent by thelma.williams at mass.gov