[Massachusetts-NFB] Checking In on Parental Rights Bills

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Thu May 11 21:52:15 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

I’m writing to keep everyone in the loop on the status of the parental rights bills that align with the goals of the NFB of Massachusetts, especially since our parents’ division is meeting tonight. Our national office reviewed these bills, which are identical companion bills (one House, one Senate), and said that these had everything we wanted.

These bills are attached to this email for everyone’s reference.

I am not aware of any action taken by anyone in this affiliate to do anything to improve the chances of passing these bills. This should not imply that nobody is doing anything, but I just don’t know about anything that has been done. I offer this statement to be transparent with the group and let people know as much as I know. It’s not a critique. I just don’t want people to be holding back because they think I’m doing something about this.

These bills were introduced and referred to committee in February of this year, and that’s all that is reported on the MA legislature website.

I’ll be graduating with my master’s degree on Sunday, May 21, and I’ll be promptly moving back home to Athol. I’ll be happy to work on these bills with anyone who is interested.

Happy Thursday,

Justin Salisbury
(he/him)

Athol, Massachusetts
Phone: 808.797.8606
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>