[Massachusetts-NFB] Checking In on Parental Rights Bills

Hai Nguyen Ly h.nguyen.ly at gmail.com
Fri May 12 12:55:49 UTC 2023

Hi Justin:
On behalf of the Massachusetts Association of Parents of blind Children, (MAPBC), thank you for stepping up and providing us with some background and context on the current status of this effort. Based on the discussion from our MAPBC meeting last night, I am hopeful that we will be able to take some actions to move this bill forward in the state. In order for this effort to e successful, we will require resilient leadership, ideally with some historical knowledge of the process.  I realize that I’m putting you in the proverbial hot seat, however based on your successful work in Hawaii on a similar effort, I’m confident that we will have a greater chance of success with your help. Regarding next actions, I believe there needs to be a conversation with @Shara and @Mika to determine if there are any affiliate procedures we need to follow for legislative actions.
If there are Federationists who would be willing to volunteer for a committee to help move this parents rights bill forward in Massachusetts, please reach out to me directly in the next two weeks as to avoid cluttering up the list. Once I’ve gathered a list of interested individuals, I’ll set up a brainstorming session to discuss potential ways we can approach this effort and how we might best work together as a committee. Thank you again @Justin for your tireless advocacy in this space and I look forward to working with you to cement the rights of blind parents in Massachusetts.

Cordially:
Hai Nguyen Ly, Vice President of MAPBC