[Massachusetts-NFB] MAPBC Meeting Minutes

Liz Lesperance liz.karsok at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 21:42:14 UTC 2023

Good Afternoon,

Attached and pasted below please find the minutes from our most recent
parents' division meeting which was held last Thursday, Nov. 9th.

Stay warm and have a great evening!

Best,
Liz

*************

The MAPBC met on Thursday, Nov. 9th. Those in attendance included:

Hai Nguyen Ly

Stephanie Valdes

Youme Nguyen Ly

Liz Lesperance

The meeting was called to order at 6:04PM.

Hai recited the NFB pledge

Youme summarized the November presidential release

Youme put forth a motion to approve the October minutes which Liz seconded.
The minutes were approved unanimously.

The hearing for the parents' rights bill will be next Tuesday, Nov. 14th at
1:00PM. Stephanie will reach out to Justin to see if he is planning on
testifying that day on behalf of the NFB.

Stephanie brought up Washington Seminar and that there will be limited
funding this year. The affiliate is planning on roughly twelve members in
attendance. A committee has been formed to decide which interested members
will be able to attend. Hai has been to Washington Seminar in the past and
highly recommends it.

The state convention is just a few months away. Stephanie will keep
Danalynn in the loop about convention. Shara will be sending out an email
with a list of restaurants near the hotel. Individuals will need to respond
asap with their choice of restaurant. This is for lunch on Saturday. The
committee is still seeking auction items, swag bag items, and door prizes.
We discussed donating a gift basket with braille books/twin books, a
tactile star, a mini sensational blackboard, braille hot wheels, braille
uno, and similar items.

The affiliate YouTube channel was located and shared with our What’s App
group.

The meeting adjourned at 7:02PM.

Our next meeting will be Thursday, Dec. 14th at 6PM.

****If you foresee a need for childcare for  registration, add checkbox if
need childcare