[Massachusetts-NFB] It's that time of year!!!!!

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 18:41:00 UTC 2023

Happy Fall Y'all!!  There are many events and action items in this email,
please read and act on all items in which you are able. We have a busy and
wonderful Fall and winter ahead of us!!!

This Sunday, October 8 beginning at 9AM , we will be holding our annual
David Ticchi Cambridge Chapter Walk. We will have delicious baked goodies
available and other information, along with our friendship, fresh air and
wellness all at your disposal. Please bring your water bottles to get the
water provided to us from the Cambridge water department, while we are
walking around and visiting the beautiful Fresh Pond Reservoir. The address
is 250 Fresh Pond Parkway in Cambridge. Afterwards there will be two or
three groups of    people getting  together and having  lunch. We would love
for you to join us in this, as well!

Also all of our chapter meetings are soon. The Cambridge meeting is being
held via Zoom on  this Monday, October 9at 6pm. The at-Large chapter meeting
also via Zoom is on Tuesday October 10 at 7PM. The Parents division meeting
is on Thursday, October 12 at 6PM via zoom. Our Greater Springfield chapter
will be holding there hybrid chapter meeting on Wednesday, October 18 at
6:30PM.

Another wonderful thing happening this Sunday October in the Western part of
the state is    a NFB craft fair in Chicopee at the Moose lodge located at
244 Fuller road. The craft fair will be taking place between the hours of
10am  until 3PM. If you are in the Chicopee area and  will not be attending
our walk, please drop in and support the Greater Springfield's Craft Fair.

 Your Convention committee  is already hard at work, planning the NFB of
Massachusetts 71st annual convention to be held in Salem from March 15-17,
2024. Please begin thinking about what you and your chapter   will offer up
as a door prize for this year's state convention. Get your creative juices
flowing by bringing up the topic of door prizes at your next chapter or
division meeting. Don't be surprised if members of our convention committee
drop by your meeting to get your chapter hyped about contributing to the
friendly competition, and fun that comes with active participation in this
year's convention - all of which would not be possible without your
collaboration and creativity! Massachusetts - or regionally-themed door
prizes are encouraged, but not required. Carol Maurice is our door prize
chair this year! Please contact  Carol or myself if you have any questions
about the door prizes. Carol can be reached at camaurice at comcast.net
<mailto:camaurice at comcast.net>  or 413-331-8239!

The next state Board meeting will be  held on Tuesday November 7 at 7pm. The
Cambridge chapter will be holding their annual Holiday party and December
chapter meeting at   John Brewers Tavern in Waltham on Monday December 11 at
6PM.

Our Washington Seminar will be Monday, January 29 through Thursday, February
1, 2024. Please contact your representatives now to ask them about  RIN
1190-AA79, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability; Accessibility of
Web Information and Services of State and Local Government Entities. I sent
a different email regarding this matter, earlier today. Please see that
email for more information.

In addition, please start thinking about resolutions and/or presentations
you would like to propose and/or see at your next state convention. And
remember we are always looking for fantastic auction items. We will be
having exciting news about our next auction coming soon! Have a terrific
Fall!! I hope every one of you can make  one of our two amazing events this
Sunday!!

Keep Shining and keep being the amazing person that you are!!

With love, hope and determination,

Shara Winton

President, National Federation of the Blind of Massachusetts

617-304-0347