[Massachusetts-NFB] MAPBC Meeting Minutes

Liz Lesperance liz.karsok at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 18:57:46 UTC 2023

Good Afternoon,

Pasted below please find the minutes from our most recent MAPBC meeting
held last Thursday.

Have a nice day!

Best,
Liz
*************

The MAPBC met on Thursday, OCt. 12th. The meeting began at 6:00PM. Those in
attendance included:

Danalynn Stockwood

Hai Nguyen Ly

Liz Lesperance

Stephanie Valdes

Youme Nguyen Ly

We began by discussing the status of the Parents' Rights legislation. Our
concern with going forth with a strictly blindness-centric bill could
present a loophole that would impact parents afflicted by other issues
aside from blindness. Our approach has been to work alongside with existing
legislation that is focused on disabilities in general. We were considering
launching a YouTube channel as a means of outreach to share info about the
bill. Stephanie reached out to Shara who advised that our affiliate does
have an existing YouTube channel. We were unable to locate it during the
meeting. Posting on the affiliate channel would work for our division as we
are a small group with limited content.

We discussed White Cane Day which was celebrated on Oct. 13th. Danalynn
attended with her daughters.

We discussed the David Ticchi walk which was held on a beautiful autumn day.

We had a discussion around educating children about blindness including the
benefits of being blind.

The meeting adjourned at 7:04PM.

Our next meeting will be Nov. 9th at 6PM