[Massachusetts-NFB] FW: Uniform Ballot Measure in Massachusetts explained further

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Thu Sep 14 13:26:49 UTC 2023

Hi Shara and everyone,

I think it's really great how fired up people in our affiliate have been getting about this and about other non-NFB initiatives lately. I'm glad to see that people feel comfortable using their voices. I want to encourage that to keep going, especially when it comes to NFB initiatives.

This bill is operating on a very complicated situation with some actions that look very simple. I'm learning more and more, even this morning, that there is even more complicated context.

While it's great that there is movement on this right now, taking action at this time might be premature until we can get a better bill that more holistically addresses the entire voting situation. We may end up asking for amendments, and we may end up getting them. Since so much more keeps coming out as we approach the hearing, I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible right now for us to know our full wish list of amendments.

I love the spirit of the conversation about this bill, but that's not necessarily a full view of what's going on with this bill behind the scenes.

I'll be back in touch later today, probably around 7 or 8 PM Eastern.

Justin

Justin Salisbury (he/him)
2117 Chestnut Hill Ave
Athol, MA 01331
Phone: 808.797.8606
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>