[Massachusetts-NFB] Reminder about tomorrow's Caucus July 5, 2024 at 5:30PM

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 03:20:27 UTC 2024

We will be holding our Massachusetts Caucus on July 5, 2024 beginning at
5:30P.M. Please join us in Salon 9at the Rosen Center . This room is much
larger than we need, so please move toward the front when you arrive,  so
that we  can be close together for hearing each other, in particular for our
Zoom Folks back home.

Our caucus is important for three reasons:

1.	To get your decision on how we would like to vote on each
resolution, if a vote becomes necessary.
2.	To pick up everyone's Banquet ticket, so that they can be exchanged.
3.	To see all of you and your smiling faces together. As the convention
goes on, it will be more and more difficult for all of us to be in one place
at the same time.

We will try to have a Zoom component to hold our caucus for those of you who
would like to attend virtually. This might not be  possible. But, we will
try our best. If all else fails, you can email or text me your thoughts on
the resolutions.

 The zoom details are below:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/95988295663?pwd=DbPBuyBa91Sa7f3IVOcA5G916u5qtY.1

Meeting ID: 959 8829 5663
Passcode: 2024

---

Those of you wishing to be part of Massachusetts' banquet ticket exchange
should bring your banquet tickets to the caucus, as I  will be exchanging on
July 6, so as to have enough time to get your tickets back to you. This is
important so that we can sit together at the Banquet. If possible, please
write your name on the back of your Banquet ticket, before you hand it to
me. If you are not able to do this, please let us know and someone will
assist you in getting your name on your ticket. You can have your name in
Braille (preferred) or in print.    This means that it will be necessary for
you   to pick up your registration packets on July 3 or 4 or earlier in the
day of the 5th to have your banquet ticket ready  to give to me at the
caucus

Feel free to bring your dinner with you. However, if you do this, be sure to
leave with anything that you brought in to the room, so that it is ready for
the next event happening in Salon 9. Thank you. SEE you in Orlando!! .

Caucus Agenda

1.	Introductions, please tell your name, from which chapter you are a
member, and what you have already enjoyed at the 2024 convention or what you
are most looking forward to in the next few days.
2.	Introduction of our three National Scholarship winners.
3.	How our Table at the exhibit has been going and the donations we
have already successfully gotten
4.	Our Annual David Ticchi Cambridge walk coming in October
5.	Recognize our first time attenders and their mentors.
6.	Banquet exchange:

a.	Must have tickets to me by tonight.
b.	If you forgot your ticket, arrange with me or Shirley to get it to
one of us by 8A.m.  Saturday morning, July 6 or you lost your chance to sit
with Massachusetts .
c.	When you turn in your ticket  to either me or  Shirley, do not walk
away from us unless either Shirley or I tell you we've written down your
name
d.	If possible, Braille your name on your ticket
e.	Be sure to tell us about any dietary restrictions including
vegetarian, vegan or allergies that you may have.

Be sure to pick up your ticket from Shirley at the Massachusetts flag in
General session starting Saturday morning General Session. Shirley  will be
sitting directly behind me and the Massachusetts Flag in our section. This
seat is reserved always for our Alternate delegate, who is Shirley this
year.

7.	Resolutions

a.	I represent everyone from Massachusetts, whether  you  are here in
person or not.  I will vote based on what I think is best, but I want to
hear your opinion.  This is your chance to pitch me on why I should vote a
certain way.  I will not poll you individually . Just a reminder you
elected me as your delegate to represent you. I will do my best to represent
us as a united and democratic affiliate.

If there Are any resolutions you want me to consider voting against?  You
should explain why. We will discuss these resolutions, as time permits.

8.	Any New Business

9Adjourn

Shara Winton

President, National federation of the Blind of Massachusetts

 <http://www.nfbma.org/> www.nfbma.org

 <mailto:sharawinton at gmail.com> sharawinton at gmail.com

617-304-0347