[Massachusetts-NFB] FW: [NFBNET-Webmasters] Down Time for NFBNET.ORG

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 19:35:13 UTC 2024

From: NFBNET-Webmasters <nfbnet-webmasters-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of
David Andrews via NFBNET-Webmasters
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2024 12:23 PM
To: nfbnet-master-list at nfbnet.org
Cc: dandrews920 at comcast.net; nfb-web at nfbnet.org;
nfbnet-webmasters at nfbnet.org
Subject: [NFBNET-Webmasters] Down Time for NFBNET.ORG

I am writing you because you are a user of NFBNET.ORG and our services.
Either you are subscribed to one or more of our mailing lists, and/or you
are associated with a web site that is hosted by NFBNET.ORG.

It is necessary for us to take the whole system off-line this Sunday for
approximately three hours. We must change/upgrade the Operating System that
the server uses. Our current OS is no longer being supported.

The outage will start at 11:00 a.m. central time on Sunday June 9. We
estimate that it will take approximately three hours, however it could be
somewhat less, or more, if problems are encountered. No e-mail, list mail,
or content should be lost.

If you have questions and/or problems I can be reached at
david.andrews at nfbnet.org <mailto:david.andrews at nfbnet.org>  or
dandrews920 at comcast.net <mailto:dandrews920 at comcast.net>  or cell phone
612-730-7931. The nfbnet.org email will not work during the outage as it
goes through the server.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but this upgrade/outage is necessary.

David Andrews, List Owner and Systems Operator

p.s. For you geeks out there we are moving from CentOS 7 to Alma Linux 8.