[Massachusetts-NFB] Working a shift at exhibit table at convention

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 14:07:12 UTC 2024

Good Morning,
This information has been sent out multiple times and also discussed at our chapter meetings. But, for those of you who may have missed this information.
As a member of the NFB of Massachusetts, we are asking that each of you serve at least one shift at our Massachusetts Exhibit table. If you are getting financial assistance from us, you are required to do so, as well as to attend all general sessions. We strongly urge everyone to attend the Banquet dinner, as well.
The independence market is a National endeavor. The National office asked each state president to send the  names of those who would be interested in volunteering  for the Independence Market, which is also in  the exhibit hall at the same times. Many of you told me that you were interested in volunteering for the National office at the independence market.
If you told me you wanted to do this, I sent your name and contact information to the Independence Market team. Gen White will have contacted you by now about this.
 Shirley  Dorris is the person to contact for our Massachusetts table at the exhibit hall. Please call Shirley if you have not given your shift preference. She is trying to give everyone their requested time, but it isn't possible in all cases. So, again, if you are receiving financial assistance from one of our chapters or divisions or by the affiliate as a whole, you are required to work at least one shift at the Massachusetts Exhibit Hall table. Shirley is the contact person for this schedule. If you have not spoken with Shirley, by now, the chance of you getting your first choice of a shift is limited. Thank you.

Shara Winton
President, National federation of the Blind of Massachusetts
www.nfbma.org
sharawinton at gmail.com
617-304-0347