[Massachusetts-NFB] FW: Congratulations to our 2024 scholarship class

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Thu May 9 20:38:22 UTC 2024

Woohoooo!!! The 2024 Scholarship Class has been chosen. We get to claim
three winners! This list only shows our local Tom Geraci! I am so excited
for Tom. Please join me in congratulating him.

In addition, we get to claim Julia LaGrand from Michigan who is attending
Berklee and Sam Morgan who is attending UMass Lowell. I spoke to each of
them and they are very much looking forward to this years National
convention and being a big part of the NFB of Massachusetts!  Great news for
all of us! Congratulations winners!

Shara Winton

President, National federation of the Blind of Massachusetts

 <http://www.nfbma.org/> www.nfbma.org

 <mailto:sharawinton at gmail.com> sharawinton at gmail.com

617-304-0347

From: National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org>

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/top-blue-bar.jpg>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33964&qid=9814855>

Celebrate Outstanding Blind Students

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), the transformative organization
advancing the lives of its members and all blind people in the United
States, today announced the finalists for its annual scholarship program
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/view?id=3546&reset=1> , which provides
financial assistance and connects students with blind mentors and other
resources. The thirty scholarship finalists are listed below in alphabetical
order with their home states or territories and vocational goals.
Congratulations to these outstanding finalists:

*	Lindsay Adair, Louisiana, Psychology/Social Work
*	Krystle Allen, New Jersey, Social Work
*	Cole Carper, Arkansas, Aerospace Engineering
*	J David Carrillo, Utah, Grief/Trauma Counseling
*	Hannah Clemenson, Montana, Journalism
*	Abey Finklea, Colorado, International Education
*	Madison Flores, Texas, Disability Rights Lawyer
*	Tom Geraci, Massachusetts, Communications and Social Media
*	Thelma González Santana, Puerto Rico, International Corporate
Development
*	Benjamin Grelk, Nebraska, Software engineer
*	Rachel Elizabeth Grider, California, O&M Instructor
*	Amanda Juetten, Tennessee, Blindness Skills Professional
*	Thor Kargatis, District of Columbia, Urban Planning and
Transportation
*	Miranda Lacy, West Virginia, Social Worker
*	Julia LaGrand, Michigan, Music Education
*	Miles Little, District of Columbia, Finance
*	Tamara Lundy, Louisiana, Health Care Administration
*	Enrique Mejia, Iowa, Special Education Teacher
*	Jose Andre, District of Columbia, Piano Teacher
*	Sam Morgan, Colorado, Meteorologist
*	Joshua Olukanni, Georgia, Organizational Development consultant
*	Natalie Rankin, Texas, Cyber Security
*	Casey Reyes, Utah, Public Relations
*	Muntaha Ruthba, Texas, International Blindness Advocacy
*	Dishon Spears, Colorado, Non-profit Business Management
*	Jonesti Steele, Mississippi, Rehabilitation counselor
*	Maranda Ulvestad, Arizona, Elementary school teacher
*	Colin Wong, Washington, Professor and Researcher
*	Lynn Wu, California, Non-Profit Technology
*	Henry Young, New Jersey, Park Ranger

“The scholarship program is one example of how the organized blind movement
builds a community of leaders,” said Mark A. Riccobono, President of the
National Federation of the Blind. “These finalists represent a broad range
of interests and career goals, including several STEAM fields, media and
communications, education, and much more."

"We are proud to honor these blind scholars, each of whom are raising
expectations and expanding possibilities. The accomplishments of these
outstanding students are proof that the blind can achieve excellence and
live the lives we want, and we will celebrate them as a community at our
national convention.” For more information about the National Federation of
the Blind scholarship program, visit https://nfb.org/scholarships.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33965&qid=9814855>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33966&qid=9814855>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33967&qid=9814855>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33968&qid=9814855>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33969&qid=9814855>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33970&qid=9814855>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33971&qid=9814855>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314

=7ae56f958022a31c> Unsubscribe from this mailing list |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=23107&qid=9814855&h=7ae5
6f958022a31c> Opt out of all mailing lists |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33972&qid=9814855> Sign up for our
newsletter

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States

..

  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/open?qid=9814855>
<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/open?upn=u001.dQHkuvbP31-2BrP50Ee0Yxop
f7vUg52X1c4Gvh9nWE-2BFgOkHt6cbFZ-2Bnncj2AHlJeSF5sYtif9sGWiM2w99RT5wfaWJQ6fcy
2JjZmHiHP3Nrr57JYm-2Boaqzjs3dUSxXpwDZAd-2F4KxFnRWSDHlUNE1lvZl6t9CuaHSmR7YhU1
L2bGcuAagz2dBIUwFCVT1mL-2FOT3LRq-2Fi9HbwXAZAwaEi7pOMgVuWTsHlvCctPV9ud28lI-3D