[Massachusetts-NFB] FW: Rideshare Rally at Uber and Lyft-Hotel Details

sharawinton at gmail.com sharawinton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 23:36:48 UTC 2024

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/top-blue-bar.jpg>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35645&qid=10300575>

Rideshare Rally in San Francisco

"There is rarely a day that goes by when we do not learn of another ride
denied to a blind person." Join our demonstration to protest rideshare
discrimination against blind people using guide dogs and white canes.

October 15, 2024
San Francisco, California
Uber and Lyft Headquarters
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time

Book Hotel

If you are traveling to the rally and need hotel information, we have
secured a hotel block at the Crowne Plaza near the San Francisco Airport,
and you can book a room at $139, plus taxes and fees, per night. You can
also call the hotel at 650-342-9200 and ask to reserve a room in the
"National Federation" block. You can make your reservation on the Crowne
Plaza website <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35656&qid=10300575> .
If you have questions, please connect with your state affiliate president.
The room block deadline is Friday, September 27.

*Please note: the exact outline of the rally route will be shared in the
coming weeks.

Rideshare Requirements

Uber and Lyft are not meeting the following requirements:

*	Drivers must not discriminate; they must pick up blind passengers.
*	Rideshare companies need a Zero Tolerance Policy for violators.
*	Rideshare companies must reduce the burden imposed on blind
passengers to report denials when they happen.
*	Rideshare companies must deliver better driver education on the
policy and laws regarding blind passengers, especially guide dog users.

The discrimination must end. Don't deny; let us ride.

Submit Interest Form to Attend

Please let us know if you are interested in attending this demonstration on
October 15 by submitting the Rideshare Rally Interest Form. We will be
sharing more information regarding the logistics, rally route, recommended
hotel accommodations, and Rideshare Rally details in the coming weeks. By
completing the form, you are not obligated to attend.

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35646&qid=10300575> Rideshare Rally
Interest Form

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35647&qid=10300575>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35648&qid=10300575>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35649&qid=10300575>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35650&qid=10300575>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35651&qid=10300575>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35652&qid=10300575>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314

h=54c2dc6a450c7ee7> Unsubscribe from this mailing list |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=23773&qid=10300575&h=54c
2dc6a450c7ee7> Opt out of all mailing lists |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=35653&qid=10300575> Sign up for our
newsletter

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States

..

  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/open?qid=10300575>
<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/open?upn=u001.dQHkuvbP31-2BrP50Ee0Yxop
f7vUg52X1c4Gvh9nWE-2BFgRZXkEr-2BSS84xbk77I1WQXteq039EUhA3JJi9DPdGYk8gcvXaWWN
dlJc8aEvE82L0rO0N7HA2ZSgMAcyHgFuoZlT9XicygHGBJNxSM6c2VuoGUzLwPgyIbdBuqwGSXRy
X2QvGDtbrOLbwlT8zXMconQ4WCiD2-2B-2F-2BtHL7D9xGfJ2Q-3D-3D>