[MD-AtLarge] Upcoming Library Events!

Ashley Biggs -LBPH- ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov
Thu Mar 22 20:51:01 UTC 2018

Hi everyone!

Ashley here with a reminder about our upcoming library events! We have an
Estate Planning program next Monday, a Technology User Group meeting in
April, and NASA podcasts for the Visually Impaired in April! All the
information is listed below. We hope to see you there. Please feel free to
email me off list if you have any questions or would like additional
information.

Best,

Ashley Biggs
Outreach Librarian
Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
_______________

*Estate Planning with Cory Larkin :*
Join us Monday, March 26 at 1:00 PM via Teleconference

The Library welcomes Mr. Cory Larkin, from law offices of Furey, Doolan,
and Abell, LLP. In this teleconference, Mr. Larkin will discuss the
importance and basic of Estate Planning, how to find a qualified attorney,
and will answer questions from participants.

Mr. Larkin "is an associate at Furey, Doolan & Abell, LLP. Prior to joining
the firm, Mr. Larkin practiced in the fields of trusts and estates, real
estate, and corporate law in New York, where he was an active member of the
Estate and Trust Administration Committee of the New York State Bar
Association. Mr. Larkin obtained his J.D. from The Catholic University of
America, Columbus School of Law while building a financial services
practice with Northwestern Mutual.." (Provided by Furey, Doolan, Abell Law
Firm.)

This event is being held via Teleconference and does not require advanced
registration.

Teleconference Number: 515-604-9516 <(515)%20604-9516>; Access Code: 202933

​

*Technology User Group Meeting:*
Join us April 14 at 10:00 AM; You do not have to RSVP for this event.
Held at Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
415 Park Ave., Baltimore, MD 21201

The Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (LBPH)
is pleased to announce that there will be a Technology User Group (TUG)
meeting on Saturday, April 14, beginning at 10 AM.  This month, we will be
looking at Microsoft Narrator and its working relationship with Windows
10.  Get an overview of this Windows feature and learn useful keystrokes as
well as compare Narrator to JAWS and other screen-reading software.  We’ll
answer the questions:
How well does it work with the Internet and Microsoft products?
Could Narrator replace JAWS and other screen reading software?

*NASA Podcasts for the Visually Impaired:*
Join us Wednesdays in April at 10:00 AM

Join us on Wednesdays in April at 10 am EST for a special podcast series
featuring NASA scientists and engineers sharing the incredible work being
done in Earth and Space Science.

Register here: https://nvite.jsc.nasa.gov/RSVP/?id=9se6r or by calling
410-230-2424 <(410)%20230-2424>, Option 5.

Podcast registration is capped at the first 100 registrants for each
podcast, but they will be streamed live for additional audiences at:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-gsfc

4/4/18: Our Solar System – Learn why NASA is studying the sun and hear
about some fascinating discoveries we’ve made through NASA missions.

4/11/18: Air and Water – Learn about NASA’s work studying Earth and how
NASA data impacts everyday life.

4/18/18: Satellite and Astronaut Communications – Learn how NASA’s Space
Communications and Navigation (SCaN) program helps bring NASA data from
satellites in space to Earth.

4/25/18: Working at NASA – Learn about NASA’s internship program and career
opportunities for blind and visually impaired individuals.

--

*Ashley M. Biggs*
*Outreach Librarian*
Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Maryland State Library
415 Park Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21201-3603

410-230-2430 <(410)%20230-2430> (office) | 410-333-2095 <(410)%20333-2095>
(fax)
ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov

http://www.lbph.maryland.gov