[MD-AtLarge] Meeting Reminder and Minutes

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:58:51 UTC 2022

Hello All,

The next meeting of the NFBMD At-Large chapter will take place on Tuesday,
February 15. The National President's message begins at 7:30, followed by
the meeting from 8PM-9PM. We will have a special guest for Black History
Month who will discuss Black History and blindness. We will also review our
progress in Washington and Annapolis and much more. Remember, the call-in
number is 339-209-4083. Read the minutes below.

NFBMD At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for January 18, 2022

The Presidential Release was played at 7:30 Pm

The meeting was started at 8:00 PM by Marguerite Woods, President

Round robin took place, and everyone introduced themselves, gave their
location, and said a word that started with their first letter of their
name.

There was approximately 20 members on the call

The Treasurer’s report was given by Sharon:

Opening Balance: $651.49

Income:

Movie Fundraiser- $587.51- consists of $367.51 in PayPal and $220 in checks

Dues: $45

Donation: $25

Total Income: $657.51

Expenses:

To State for Convention Rooms: $376

2022 Dues to NFBMD: $25

OnSolve: $272.06

Total Expenses: $673.06

Closing Balance: $635.94

A motion was made and seconded to accept the treasurer’s report. The motion
was approved.

Sharon spoke about the upcoming Annapolis week. She spoke about the two
issues which are *Accountability Act for Accessible K-12 Education for
Students with Disabilities and *Appropriation for the Center of Excellence
in Nonvisual Access (CENA)

A Membership ceremony took place for Harvey Garret. A motion was made and
seconded to accept Harvey as a member of the At Large Chapter. The motion
was approved.

Harvey explained what Goalball is and how it is played.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary

Looking forward to talking to you on Tuesday.
*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.