[MD-AtLarge] Meeting Reminder and Minutes

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Mon May 15 16:27:45 UTC 2023

Hello All,

The next meeting of the At Large chapter of the NFBMD will be on Tuesday,
May 16. The National's President's message begins at 7:30, followed by the
meeting from 8-9pm. This meeting will have several speakers that many of
you know, who will talk about their life after blindness and how they went
back to work. Come find out who the speakers will be!

The call-in number is 339-209-4083. Hope to see you tomorrow night!

Here are the minutes from last months meeting:

The Presidential release was played at 7:30 PM.

The meeting was started at 8:00 PM by Marguerite Woods, President.

The round robin took place. Everyone announced themselves, stated where
they are in the state, and answered the question “what is your favorite
restaurant .”

Approximately 30 members on the call.

The March meeting minutes were read by Danielle Earl, secretary. A motion
was made to accept the March meeting minutes. It was seconded and approved.

The treasure’s report was given by Sharon Maneki, Treasurer.

Opening balance $1231.40

Income

-        Dues $255

-        Donations $50

-        Movie $105

-        Total $410

Expenses

-        Amazon gift card $50

-        Get-well gift $40

-        Total $90

410 – 90 = $320

Ending balance $1551.40

A motion was made to accept the treasurer’s report. It was seconded and
approved.

Charles led Marguerite in the NFB pledge.

Marguerite thanked everyone for coming to the movie fundraiser.

Tonight’s guest speaker was Chris Danielson. He is the president of the
Greater Baltimore County Chapter and serves on the state board. He does
public relations for the NFB. He discussed the NFB brand, the logo, and the
minute message. What the brand means to the NFB is our representation. The
tag line is Live the Life You Want. Brand personality is innovated,
inviting, inspirational, and powerful.

The meeting adjourned at 9:10 Pm.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.