[Md-sligo] FW: All hands needed in Maryland Senate tomorrow

Brown, Debbie dabro at loc.gov
Tue Apr 5 19:22:50 UTC 2011

From: NFBMD [mailto:nfbmd at earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:06 PM
To: Brown, Debbie
Subject: FW: All hands needed in Maryland Senate tomorrow

From: NFBMD [mailto:nfbmd at earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:58 PM
To: Patricia Maurer; Deborah Brown; Michelle Clark
Subject: All hands needed in Maryland Senate tomorrow

The Maryland Senate has been debating SB 642.  A bill that would allow persons who are discriminated against by a place of public accommodation to go to state court for a remedy.  Some Senators are saying that the blind and disabled people will hurt businesses and church organizations that run soup kitchens by suing incessantly.  We need to demonstrate that preventing discrimination by businesses and other places of public accommodation is important to blind citizens by coming to the Senate to observe their debate.  We need to be seen so that we can be heard.  See you at the State House in the Senate Gallery at 9:45am.

Sharon