[Md-sligo] Fw: Visually Impaired Individuals Invited to Participate in Paid Research Project

Debbie Brown deborahb14 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 21 22:31:33 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Cynthia Taylor
To: deborahb14 at verizon.net
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 11:36 AM
Subject: Visually Impaired Individuals Invited to Participate in Paid Research Project

Dear Deborah Brown:

I am contacting you in the hope that as President of the Sligo Creek Chapter National Federation of the Blind of Maryland, you would be willing to forward an announcement about a paid study for individuals who are totally blind. I work for a usability research firm in Silver Spring, Maryland, UserWorks, Inc., and we are conducting this study at our facility next Wednesday, September 25. We are looking for individuals, who use a screen reader, to evaluate a new online payment service. Each in-person session lasts 60 minutes and in appreciation for their help with our research we will pay all participants $150 cash. We also have two floater positions available, and they would receive $200 cash for their time. Details are below.

UserWorks, Inc., a user experience design and usability research firm, is currently conducting a study to evaluate a new online payment service for visually impaired individuals. Your comments and opinions will help improve the website for future users like you.

The study will involve an in-person, one-on-one interview session lasting about 60 minutes and will take place on Wednesday, September 25, in our Silver Spring, Maryland facility. You will be paid $150 in appreciation for your help with this project.

Participants should have a laptop or mobile device that they can bring with them to the session. We are looking for people who use a screen reader (such as JAWS, Windows Eyes or NVDA) and regularly shop and bank online.

If you are interested in being a part of this research project please contact Cynthia Taylor at 301-431-0500, extension 233, or via email at ctaylor at userworks.com.

If you know someone who may be interested in this study, please feel free to forward this email to them.

We look forward to speaking with you!

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this research project. Thank you for your consideration.

Cynthia Taylor

Participant Coordinator

1-888-558-7872

UserWorks, Inc.