[Md-sligo] {Disarmed Next Saturday's meeting

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Sat Jun 11 01:16:35 UTC 2016

He Debbie,

My dental adventures continue.  Today the dentist opened my root canal,
cleaned out additional infection, packed my tooth with more antibiotics
and cotton and will replace the temporary filling on Monday.  However, I
had a bad reaction to the anesthetic and I am still recovering from it.
They are hoping that the numbness will recede by tomorrow but they are
not sure. It makes eating and drinking a hazard.

I want to say however, that if you re-elect me to the Board tomorrow.
It will be an Honor as to serve with the Experienced and Long-time
Federationist on the Board, who have mentored in my role as Board
member.  I hope that to continue in their footsteps by mentoring new
members to our Chapter.  This includes encouraging everyone to find what
area they can contribute to the effective running of our chapter.  Many
hands make light work.  We need the input of everyone.  Thank you all
for inspiring me and giving me the encouragement to find my voice in
which to advocate for those that do not know they have a voice because
society says they are disabled.

Furthermore,

What I hope to accomplish at convention:

As Second Vice-President of the DeafBlind Division, I have many
responsibilities. One of those responsibilities involves mentoring other
DeafBlind individuals, particularly those new to hearing loss. This year
I am sharing a room with a first-timer. She lives in Salisbury, MD, so I
will also need to show her ropes. She is also arriving on the June 29,
which is a help.  Fundraising as you all know is a big part of the work
we do in the Federation.  We have many programs both, chapter, Division,
State and National level that we support and quality services for the
Blind and DeafBlind are not cheap.  I will spend a portion of me time at
the Exhibit Hall not only Selling our Braille T-Shirts but advocating
and informing about the work of the Division.  We find many DeafBlind
individual, that may or may not attend our meetings put they often need
information. Plus, I talk to Affiliate Presidents about Operation
Outreach. A project to start a DeafBlind Division in every state. So
far, there is only Arizona, Florida, Jew Jersey & Pennsylvania.  I hope
Maryland can be next.

Janice