[Md-sligo] parade of cultures

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Thu Oct 13 13:28:59 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,
As I write this email, I am reminded of the reason for which we want to have our name out in the community we live in.
After sending a few emails to the organizers of the Parade of Cultures and getting visual information, I asked a friend who has been at the World of Montgomery festival. The following is what he told me.
The festival is located in the parking lot close to the bus stop, (transit center). When you come on RT 355/Hungerford Drive you turn left to go to the MCPS building. You make a right turn and then another immediate right turn to get to the bus stop. This road is open and not part of the festival. (good place for metro access to come for drop-off or pick-up location).
We would like to meet at the bus stop by 12:30 pm, so for metro access users, the appointment time is at 12:30 pm.
We will have 1 or 2 volunteers, (thanks to the volunteer center) who will guide us to the starting point of the parade. There is an outer rectangle and an inner rectangle of tents. The parade will go between the two rectangles. Imagine the national convention exhibit hall, with outer tables and 1 inner square of tables. The parade can be loud as music will be all over.
Please wear colorful clothes as to differentiate from others. We will have canes and that is different from others. I think any NFB t-shirt will do. A hoody, sweatshirt or a jacket with NFB logo is just fine. We will have Braille alphabet cards for everyone to hand out to people.
The parade will be over at 2:00 pm. For metro access users, pick-up time should be after 2:30 pm, location bus stop. If you want to stay and enjoy the festival, it is open until 4:00 pm. Many county agencies will be there. The board of elections, Health & human services and others.
If you have any questions, please email me or call me.

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Aging & Disability Services
Montgomery County Government
Department of Health & Human Services
401 Hungerford Drive (3rd floor)
Rockville MD 20850
240-777-0311 (MC311)
240-777-1556 (personal)
240-777-1495 (fax)
office hours 8:30 am 5:00 pm
Languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Braille
This message may contain protected health information or other information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return mail and destroy any copies of this material.
Thank you.