[MD-Sligo] FW: MCPL closed through April 24

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 26 13:42:19 UTC 2020

----- Forwarded Message -----

home page:

Library Response To Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Dear Library Customers –

In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, all branches and book drops of Montgomery County Public Libraries will remain closed through April 24, 2020, in alignment with Montgomery County Public Schools. All programs, classes, activities and rentals scheduled during the closure are canceled.

Some steps that we are taking to make sure that our customers are not unduly impacted by this shutdown are

*	The suspension of fulfillment of holds until May 4th
*	The suspension of library fines until May 4th
*	The extension of all due dates to May 4th
*	The extension of all holds currently waiting for pickup to May 4th

Please do not worry about library fines during this period. We will work with you to resolve any issues.

Marina/Interlibrary Loan Services are suspended until further notice.

All MCPL book drops are now closed. Please hold your materials until we reopen.

We will not be accepting book donations at this time. Upon re-opening, we will notify customers on procedures for book donations.

Please call the County’s 311 service for answers to questions regarding Coronavirus testing and public health issues.

You may submit questions for email response using our  <https://montgomerycountymd.libanswers.com/index.php> Ask-A-Librarian service.

Please take advantage of our electronic resources. A full list of available E/Audiobooks, streaming media, online learning platforms, library apps and research databases are available 24/7 at  <https://mcpl.link/DigitalResources> https://mcpl.link/DigitalResources.

Stay well, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the branches when we reopen.

Anita Vassallo
MCPL Director