[MD-Sligo] FW: 2022 NFB convention

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 28 21:41:39 UTC 2022

	Some events preceding the 2022 convention, and some other
information you need if you are attending in person.

Thank you for registering for the 2022 convention of the National Federation
of the Blind.  I am Debbie Brown, co-chair of the NFB of Maryland
ambassadors committee.  We want to make sure that you have an exciting
convention and that you can participate in all of the events you are
interested in.

You should check out www.nfb.org/convention <http://www.nfb.org/convention>
to see the agenda in several formats, to find the requirements for covid
testing, and other information about the convention.

You should attend the Maryland caucus at the convention.  This will not be
on your agenda, so please write it down somewhere.  The Maryland caucus will
be on Wednesday, July 6, at 8:00 p.m. in Studio 7.

Below are two events you can attend on Zoom before convention.  Please
attend the Maryland rookie roundup, because you can get a lot of questions
answered there.
Zoom links and descriptions appear below.

The exhibit hall is always a dynamic and exciting part of the national
convention. This year, the exhibit hall will be located in the Napoleon
Ballroom on the third floor of the Sheraton New Orleans. Review the exhibit
hall hours and the full list of exhibitors
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26316&qid=7308688> . Join the
exhibitor showcase virtual preview on Tuesday, June 28 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern
Time. Learn about each exhibitor, what they will offer in the exhibit hall,
and how you can connect with them if you won't be attending in person.
Join the Virtual Exhibitor Showcase via Zoom
Tuesday, June 28 | 8:00 p.m. ET
*	Zoom via web: https://zoom.us/j/98430318608
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26317&qid=7308688>
*	One tap mobile: +13017158592,,98430318608#
*	Telephone: +1 301 715 8592
*	Webinar ID: 984 3031 8608
*	International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/auS6WeoLa
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26318&qid=7308688>

The below information, about our Thursday night rookie roundup and other
things you need to know, is from our affiliate president, Ronza Othman.

I'm so excited to be able to be with you in about 10 days at our national
convention.  I am writing to share information about the NFB National
Convention as pertains to Marylanders.  Please read to the end of this
message.

First, we will be holding a convention orientation for those who have not
attended a NFB national convention in person in the last few years, for
those attending the convention virtually, and for anyone who wants to come.
This orientation will take place via Zoom on Thursday, June 30 from 8 -
10PM.  Information to access the meeting is below.
Click this link to join:
https://zoom.us/j/6248138327?pwd=eTZlYUgwR3ZQVVl1dXBLSHcrbml1QT09

Meeting ID: 624 813 8327
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,6248138327#

Second, we will hold our Maryland Caucus from 8 - 10PM on Wednesday, July 6,
2022 in Studio 7.  We are planning to hold the caucus in person only at this
time due to logistical and technology challenges.  We will talk about our
policy issues such as the constitutional amendment and resolutions, meet the
2022 academic scholarship finalists - national and state - meet our Maryland
Narrowing the Gap Program participants, and much more.  Those who want to
sit with Maryland at the banquet will also turn in their banquet tickets for
Banquet Ticket Exchange.  Hope to see you there.

Regarding Banquet Ticket Exchange, I'll accept tickets any time on July 5
and 6.  I plan to try to exchange on July 7, so please find me during the
Board Meeting, at the Lawyers Meeting, and of course at the Caucus.
Remember, having a banquet ticket means you get a seat, but it you have to
exchange your banquet ticket to get to sit with people you want or know.  We
don't have open seating at our banquets.  Those who don't exchange their
tickets will be seated wherever space is available and after those who have
exchanged are seated.

I am your point of contact if you have challenges or emergencies during the
convention.  Please call or text me at 708-829-0523.  The number in my
signature block is the affiliate phone number and is not a fast way to get
in touch with me.  Please put my number - 708-829-0523 - into your phone.

Please remember that you will need to take a COVID-19 test and have a
negative test result within 72 hours of when you arrive to the hotel.  You
can take a test on your own and capture the results, or you can take a test
at the convention beginning July 5.  If you take a test in advance, you may
email it to testresults at nfb.org <mailto:testresults at nfb.org> .  Please be
sure to include your name, city, and state when you submit your results.
You may also present your negative COVID-19 test results in person.  No
individual will be able to pick up their registration materials without
first providing proof of a negative COVID-19 test.  For those individuals
for whom the NFB of Maryland acquired a banquet ticket, you must show proof
of a negative COVID-19 test - to receive that banquet ticket from me.