[MD-Sligo] Saturday's picnic

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 6 18:50:11 UTC 2023

We will be having a picnic on Saturday at Trinity Reformed Church, 9630
Annapolis Road, Lanham, MD 20706.

Please let me know what you will bring.  If you are planning to come by
paratransit, please check as soon as possible to find out if paratransit can
get you there.  If not, we have allocated money to help you get there, so
let me know so we can work that out.  You will need to get to the picnic to
get reimbursed, so plan to pay something for your expenses.

I am letting everyone know that I will probably not be at the picnic because
I have covid.  I will not be bringing food even if I do recover, because I
am not sure of the safety of food prepared or handled by someone who has
been ill.  Please, if any of you have symptoms, do not come to the picnic or
any other event.

Kimoy and her church friends were unable to change the date, so I hope it
will be anice day and that everyone has a good time.

There will be a state board meeting at the convention hotel on Saturday,
August 26.  People occasionally ask me about going, but if you want to go,
it will cost something to get a vehicle, and I am willing to put the cost
out for people who regularly show up for meetings, especially virtual
meetings.  If you are interested in attending, please let me know.

Our next in-person meeting will be Saturday, September 9.  We do not have a
location yet.

The crab feast is Friday evening, September 15.  Tickets are $70.  Please
let me know if you are going.  We will work out transportation.  You will
need to contribute something toward transportation.