[MD-Sligo] Nation’s Blind Podcast: #BlindMonth2023: How Do We Educate the Public?

Dontee Wrenn dontee.wl8 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 06:29:48 UTC 2023

#BlindMonth2023: How Do We Educate the Public?
Nation’s Blind Podcast

In this episode of the Nation's Blind Podcast, hosts Melissa Riccobono and Anil Lewis discuss Blind Equality Achievement Month with two chapter and affiliate leaders, Cindy Scott-Huisman of Little Rock, Arkansas and Stacie Gallegos of Houston, Texas. They talk about the importance of educating the public about blindness and blind people and share the various activities and events they have been involved in to promote and celebrate blind equality. They also discuss the challenges of representing the blind community and the importance of individuality and choice in how we as blind individuals navigate the world and engage in public education. Note: The episode was recorded October 19, 2023, so days and dates referenced are relative to the recording date.   Important links: Blind Equality Achievement Month web page: https://nfb.org/blind-month Transcript of this episode: https://nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/nations-blind-podcast/archive/blindmonth-2023-transcript
Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nations-blind-podcast/id1531941451?i=1000632732560

Dontee L. Wrenn