[MD-Sligo] MetroAccess recertification issue

terrypowers59 at gmail.com terrypowers59 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:55:52 UTC 2024

Thanks for letting us know!

We better check our cards!

Terry and Henry

From: MD-Sligo <md-sligo-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Ben Danforth via MD-Sligo
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2024 3:22 PM
To: Sligo Creek Chapter list, NFB of Maryland <md-sligo at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Ben Danforth <bdanforth at gmail.com>
Subject: [MD-Sligo] MetroAccess recertification issue

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if others have had issues with MetroAccess not calling them to remind them about recertification. Someone pointed out to me yesterday that my MetroAccess card expires in a week, and I never received any reminders to recertify from MetroAccess. On its webpage, MetroAccess states that it will call customers about recertification approximately 60 days and 30 days before their cards expire. I don't think it is an issue with my phone number because I've received other calls from MetroAccess, including one on February 16 soliciting feedback on the current budget. I'm trying to figure out if my experience is a one-off fluke or part of a systemic issue. I know that there is already a lot of unhappiness among our group with the onerous recertification process.

Ben