[Mdabs] prayers needed for Trudy Pickrel

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 02:21:54 UTC 2012

Fellow Federationists,

One of our fellow Maryland Federationists, Trudy Pickrel, the President of
the Maryland Organization of Parents of Blind Children (MDPOBC,) is going
through a very tough time currently and is in need of your thoughts and your
prayers. Some of you may have heard about this already, but I wanted to let
you all know, as we are all part of a wonderful Federation family which
cares about each of our members.

Many of you know Trudy's three smaller children, Brandon, Maria, and
Miracle, as you probably see them at NFB and NFBMD events. She has another
adopted daughter, Victoria, who has recently gone missing from the
psychiatric institution she has been staying in for the past three years,
and is now believed to be on the streets of Baltimore. Last Thursday,
Victoria and three of her friends from the hospital walked out and have been
missing ever since. According to Trudy, she has last been seen in
Halethorpe, which is in Baltimore county. She tells us that Victoria has the
reasoning of a 6-year-old, which obviously is cause for concern about her
safety on the streets of Baltimore city.

The last update I saw from Trudy on Facebook said that they have now been in
touch with a detective in Baltimore, who is now in charge of Victoria's
case. We are now hoping and praying that the detective will contact the
local TV stations and they will decide to run the story.

As you can imagine, this is a very tough time for Trudy and for the entire
Pickrel family. So, we are asking that you keep Victoria, Trudy, and the
Pickrels in your thoughts and prayers. I'm travelling right now, so I might
be a little delayed in getting to my email, but I'll let you know of any
updates as soon as I can. Until then, please keep them in your prayers!

Thank you,

Chris Nusbaum