[Mdabs] Important: Time Running Out to Apply for Washington Seminar Funding

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 21:58:56 UTC 2016

Fellow MDABSters:

Please see the below email from our national President and act ASAP. This is
a unique opportunity to receive funding to attend one of the most important
events in our Federation year, where we can directly influence change in the
legislation which impacts us. I know we have a lot of passionate students in
Maryland who will speak truth to power when given the opportunity. So let's
have a big showing at this year's Washington Seminar! If you have any
questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Best,

Chris Nusbaum, MDABS President

Federation leaders,

                Happy belated Turkey Day! I truly hope each and every one of
you had a relaxing and scrumptious, though brief,  holiday break!

This is a quick note informing you that the student funding applications for
financial support to attend Washington Seminar closes this Friday, December
2. The committee will begin reviewing applications right away, so late
submissions will not be accepted.

Please distribute the below link to your students, members, or incoming
students so we can make sure to have the greatest turnout yet. With AIM-HE
as one of our big initiatives, students need to be with us teaching our
representatives about the importance of equal access to education.

https://docs.google.com/a/wfu.edu/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5Y8yw5JW1jjFJ1bBo22pIi-
u1mf97i4lQNYCQONiiR9490g/viewform?c=0
<https://docs.google.com/a/wfu.edu/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5Y8yw5JW1jjFJ1bBo22pIi
-u1mf97i4lQNYCQONiiR9490g/viewform?c=0&w=1> &w=1

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Yours,

Kathryn Webster

President | National Association of Blind Students

Chris Nusbaum, President

Maryland Association of Blind Students

Board Member, National Association of Blind Students

Phone: (443) 547-2409

Email: dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com <mailto:dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com>

Twitter: @Chrisn98 and @nabslink

expectations for blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you bak.