[Mdabs] Updated MDABS Meeting Agenda

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:43:27 UTC 2016

Hello All:

Since Ellana sent the agenda out to the list yesterday afternoon, some
slight changes have occurred, primarily in format and structure. Therefore,
I have attached and pasted below the final agenda which will be handed out
at Friday's meeting. Please read and enjoy.

See you at convention,

Chris

The Maryland Association of Blind Students presents

:     Tools, Tips and Tricks for Success

Business Meeting Agenda

Friday, October 28, 2016, 3:00-6:30 PM

3:00: Registration ($5)

3:30: Call to Order and Opening Announcements

3:35: Still Going Strong after Fifty Years: Continuing our Momentum into the
Future

Sharon Maneki, President, National Federation of the Blind of Maryland;
Columbia, MD

3:45: Introducing our Scholarship Winners

Jason Polansky; Thurmont, MD

Erin Daring; Silver Spring, MD

3:50: A Year of Progress and Growth: An Update from MDABS

Chris Nusbaum, President, Maryland Association of Blind Students; Taneytown,
MD

4:00: Students: The Future of Our Movement

Gary Wunder, Editor, The Braille Monitor; Columbia, MO

4:15: SSI: Making the System Work for You

Parnell Diggs, Director of Governmental Affairs, National Federation of the
Blind; Baltimore, MD

4:25: Questions and Discussion

4:30: Gaining Experience through Summer Employment

Nesma Aly, Board Member, Maryland Association of Blind Students; Rockville,
MD

4:40: Gaining Skills, Developing Confidence: How Training can Help You Live
the Life You Want

Ellana Crew, Graduate, BISM CORE Program; Secretary, Maryland Association of
Blind Students; Edgewater, MD

Jason Polansky, Graduate, Louisiana Center for the Blind; Thurmont, MD

4:55: Questions and Discussion

5:00: "Facing the TweetBook": Harnessing the Power of Social Media at
School, Work and Play

Danielle Trevino, Coordinator for Social Media and Member Engagement,
National Federation of the Blind; Baltimore, mD

5:20: Questions and Discussion

5:30: Pizza Break

5:50: Don't Deny, Aim High: Ensuring Accessibility in the Classroom through
Legislation

Nathan Clark, Vice President, Maryland Association of Blind Students;
Chairman, MDABS Legislative Committee; Hanover, MD

6:00: Constitution and Elections

6:30: Adjourn

Chris Nusbaum, President

Maryland Association of Blind Students

Board Member, National Association of Blind Students

Phone: (443) 547-2409

Email: dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com <mailto:dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com>

Twitter: @Chrisn98 and @nabslink

expectations for blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you bak.