[MDABS] Braille learning

Sharon Kim sharon.mi.kim22 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:19:55 UTC 2020

Hello Emma,
I've had experience teaching braille over the phone, but Quallic's
question is important.
That can only work virtually if you have something to write braille
with, and something to read it with.
My former student had a braille note with a braille keyboard.
We were able to practice reading and writing braille that way.

On 4/8/20, Qualik Ford via MDABS <mdabs at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Dear Emma,
> There’s several different ways you could learn braille. One would be through
> Hadley. It’s a free online schooling platform that allows you to learn
> braille. The second would be to find someone to teach you Braille. That’s a
> little difficult right now since everyone’s kind of stuck in the house. Do
> you have access to a Braille writer? Or do you have access to any braille
> technologies such as a Braille note or Braille display?
>

> “The Power to change the world comes from the power to change ourselves.“
>
>> On Apr 8, 2020, at 10:54 AM, Emma Mitchell via MDABS <mdabs at nfbnet.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone willing to teach me Braille?
>> I really want to learn this skill.
>> My support system however doesn’t know what to do however. I feel like
>> there’s a wall between me and Braille
>> Anyone willing to teach me
>> Emma Jane Mitchell
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches within the soul, that
sings the tune without words and never stops at all.
Emily Dickenson