[MDABS] Sad News

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 14:23:39 UTC 2022

Hello All,

I am sorry to report the death of Allen Harris. Many of you will remember
Allen because he was the national representative for several Maryland State
Conventions. Some of you may have talked to Allen when he gave you the
great news that you won a Jernigan fund scholarship to attend the national
convention. He was chairman of the Jernigan fund when it started and held
that position for many years. Over his more than 50 year career in the NFB,
he served in many capacities, including a member of the national Board of
Directors and treasurer. Allen was a kind and humble person. Many of us
will remember his booming voice selling Iowa scissors. His service will be
on Tuesday, August 16 at 6PM. To get the livestream link, go to his
obituary page and tribute wall at
https://www.voranfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Allen-C-Harris?obId=25596785#/obituaryInfo
. It will be posted soon.

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.