[MDABS] Announcing the 2022 NABS Atlantic Student Seminar!

Maryland President president at nfbmd.org
Wed Jun 22 00:16:32 UTC 2022

Reflect, Reequip, Reimagine: Raising the Bar for Blind Students!

The National Association of Blind Students (NABS) and the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland invite you to the 2022 Atlantic regional seminar, a fun-filled weekend brimming with opportunities for professional growth, confidence building, and mentorship!

Friday, August 12 (6:00 PM) – Sunday, August 14 (12:00 PM)

Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley by Marriott

The past years have challenged blind students in a variety of ways, but we will emerge stronger than ever. Through enlightening presentations, spectacular guest speakers, exhilarating activities, and thought-provoking discussions, we will reflect on the past, prepare in the present, and reimagine our future. Together we can raise the bar for blind students!

Registration closes on Thursday, July 21, 2022, but before you rush to reserve your spot, please note the following:

•Each attendee is responsible for a $100 registration fee, payable to NABS, which will cover meals throughout the weekend as well as administrative expenses necessary to support this event. We encourage you to proactively reach out to your vocational rehabilitation agency and/or National Federation of the Blind state affiliate to help offset this expense. This fee is due by the time registration closes. Until we receive both your registration form response and this fee, your spot is not guaranteed.

•Please note that all attendees will need to submit proof of a negative COVID test within 60 hours of our event’s start, regardless of vaccination status. This proof will need to be submitted to a designated party no later than noon on Friday, August 12, 2022. Additionally, masks will be required during any/all 2022 Atlantic Student Seminar activities.

•Finally, we will not be assigning roommates for this event. We are more than happy to support you in finding a roommate if you require assistance, which you can indicate on the registration form linked below; however, if you do not either take the initiative to procure a roommate or reach out for assistance, you will be responsible for the hotel expense of $104 + applicable taxes and fees for each night of the event.

Register here: https://forms.gle/cALjLLGJTqdkRgd19

Please direct questions to Logan Stenzel (stenzellogan at gmail.com)

We hope to have as many of you attend as possible!

With Passion, Love, and Determination,
Logan Stenzel

--
Logan Stenzel he/him