[Mdpobc] Kindle ?

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Fri Oct 9 12:20:56 UTC 2009

The other problem with the Kindle is the fact that we are in disagreement
with the Authors' Guild as to whether Text to Speech, (the program that
makes the book talk out loud) should and can be enabled on the Kindle.
Right now I believe many authors are opting to have this text to speech
feature disabled, which would mean the reading out loud option would not be
there.  The NFB is working on this, but it might take a while to be
straightened out.
Melissa