[Mdpobc] FW: Birding for the Blind event at Patuxent Research Refuge

Jessica Kern jessiebear0000 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:55:43 UTC 2011

My son is 10. He really enjoyed the open air trolley ride through the different habitats.  He even recognized some of the birds when we got home.  The first time we went, they had some live chicks and ducks that could be held.  They also had some stuffed real birds.  (while kinda gross :) in my opinion)  Alexander thought that it was pretty cool to feel a hawk and a humming bird, etc.

hope this helps,
Jessica