[Mdpobc] Reminder--Outing on October 6

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Wed Oct 3 21:46:20 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

This is a reminder of our event on October 6 at the Columbia Mall. The
information is pasted below. Please plan to join us! I do not believe there
is an Unos in Columbia, but the one in Baltimore is fairly close. Some of us
could certainly travel there after the mall and have a nice dinner to
support the MDPOBC.

Please let Meleah know if you are coming ASAP so we can have enough
volunteer helpers available.

I hope to see many of you on Saturday.

Melissa

Come and join the NFB of Maryland in partnership with the NFB Jernigan
Institute for a day of play, fellowship and cane travel fun at the Columbia
Mall!

Who: Students in preschool through 2nd grade and their families

When: Saturday, October 6, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Where: Columbia Mall: 10300 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, Maryland
21044

What: Students and families will have the opportunity to work on cane travel
skills with a blind role model. There will be three separate groups: one for
parents, one for blind children and one for sighted siblings. Separate
groups will allow for different skills to be worked on. During this activity
students both blind and sighted will have the opportunity to visit
kid-friendly stores in the mall such as the Disney Store. Items can be
purchased from stores visited, but browsing is fine as well. If sighted
siblings would like, they may use a cane and sleepshades during this
activity. While the kids are working in their groups, parents will have a
time for Q&A before their cane travel lesson. We will come together for
lunch in the food court. Please be advised that you must purchase lunch for
your family. (Financial assistance for the purchase of lunches is available
upon request.) Following lunch, we will go as a group to the play area,
where kids will have an opportunity to play and parents will have an
opportunity to chat with one another .

If you have questions, or to let us know you'll be there, contact Meleah
Jensen by calling (410) 659-9314 ext.2418 or send an email to
<mailto:mjensen at nfb.org> mjensen at nfb.org

Whozit Family