[Mdpobc] Question of the day

Kyle Richmond Kyle.Richmond2009 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 13 17:55:50 UTC 2013

My thought is mostly 99% should be Braille at school at this grade.  Reason
why school is doing this right now is because it is much much cheaper and
easier for them and the school does not want to spend the money or time on
Braille books.  On rare occasion audio books at that age is ok, and I think
audio books are fine if he wants to read for pleasure in the evenings at
home, etc.  Moving into higher grades, such as 11th and 12th grade in high
school and college, more audio books will be necessary.  Although Braille is
more important now, he also needs the skills to use the audio book
technology, such as how to mark pages, etc., how to download/upload books,
etc.  These are also necessary skills in college, etc.  Don't mention that
to the school, however, he needs braille now.
Jill Richmond